2.10.2016

30- Bermuda Triangulated: The Weather Today...

A back-burner series is moving to the front burner. I am having an exhibition in St Petersburg, FL on Sat 4.9. Details to come closer to the show.

I have decided to finally manifest Bermuda Triangulated: The Weather Today series. If this sounds familiar, it should. It's from Chuck Palahniuk's DIARY. 

When I read the book in 2007, the quotes that started with 'the weather today...' caught my eye.  I jotted them down as I tend to do w/ quotes that catch my eye when I read.

I am creating 15- 11x14 'illuminated manuscript' drawings in the vein of my MIYLology series http://cabanaboyproductions.blogspot.com/2009/09/on-august-19-2004-while-at-iah.html , each piece will have a quote.

Here are the quotes and the order in which I plan to display them. The capitalized letter in each quote will be an initial letter on the page. I love that I have 15 quotes and that The Weather Today is 15 letters ::wink::

T …is nervous disgust with Tentative apprehension
H …is Heat and scratchy and it hurts
E …is partly suspicious with a chancE of betrayal

W …is bitter With occasional fits of jealous rage
…is partly soused with occasional bursts of dEspair and irritation
A …is calm and sunny but the Air is full of bullshit
T is increasing Turmoil with a possible physical emotional breakdown
H …is frantic, panicked, and sligHtly rushed
E …is foggy with widEly conflicting stories
R …is getting really really pissy Right about now


T …is an increasing Trend toward denial
O …is partly furious with Occasional fits of rage
D …is calm, reserved, and Defeated
A …is partly Angry leading to resignation and ultimatums
Y …is slightlY maudlin

No comments: